We have a two versus five match up this week guaranteeing a shake up in next week’s Power Rankings.
- New Orleans Saints (7-1) – Two weeks ago, Drew Brees is back and dropping dimes. Three touchdown passes in their win over Arizona. Coming off the bye, you can imagine that Brees will be in more of a groove.Next Game: vs Atlanta Falcons
- San Francisco 49ers (8-0) – San Francisco has earned it’s way up to the number two spot. I admit, it took me longer than most to get on this bandwagon. We will learn more about this team this week. Next Game: vs Seattle Seahawks
- New England Patriots (8-1) – Baltimore gave New England an old fashion whuppin’. It leads to a lot of questions about how good is the defense against a quality opponent and, as always, is Brady the same Brady? Next Game: Bye
- Baltimore Ravens (6-2) – The Ravens were as impressive as they could be in prime time against the defending Super Bowl champions. A test of their maturiy comes this week when they travel to the lowly Bengals. Next Game: at Cincinnati Bengals
- Seattle Seahawks (7-2) – The Seahawks might be the most off-the-radar 7-2 team in a while. They have an MVP candidate in Russell Wilson but there are still concerns on the defensive side of the ball. Next Game: at San Francisco 49ers