This is the time of year that the NFL starts to separate itself into contenders, wild cards, wait until next year, and we’re going to stink for years.
What category does your team fall into?
- New England Patriots (8-0) – This week’s game sets up as one that could be for the ages. The growth of Ravens’ quarterback, Lamar Jackson, has been incredible and will be a true test for the Patriots. Next Game: at Baltimore Ravens
- New Orleans Saints (7-1) – The Saints are holding on to the second spot by a thread. Teddy Bridgewater did a great job holding it down until Brees returned. Now, New Orleans and their better than expected defense will need to continue their success. Next Game: vs Atlanta Falcons
- San Francisco 49ers (7-0) – It was hard not moving the 49ers up to the second spot this week. This squad is legit. At Phoenix on a short week will show the nation how mature this team is. Next Game: at Arizona Cardinals
- Green Bay Packers (7-1) – Doesn’t matter who played quarterback for the Chiefs, Green Bay’s win at Kansas City was a good one. The Packers are in a groove and that has silenced all the coach/quarterback relationship talk. Next Game: at San Diego Chargers
- Baltimore Ravens (5-2) – This might be a short stay for the Ravens. Even though the Pats game is at home, Lamar Jackson will be facing a historically good defense. Next Game: vs New England Patriots