This is the time of year that the NFL starts to separate itself into contenders, wild cards, wait until next year, and we’re going to stink for years.
What category does your team fall into?
- New England Patriots (7-0) – If there is something you can count on from the Patriots is that they love destroying bad teams. There was no hope for the Jets… ghosts or no ghosts. Up next is everyone’s preseason darlings. Next Game: vs Cleveland Browns
- New Orleans Saints (6-1) – The Saints are one of a few teams that show the importance in having a backup who can win games across multiple weeks. Teddy Bridgewater has been a gift to Sean Payton as they keep rolling until Drew Brees returns. Next Game: vs Arizona Cardinals
- San Francisco 49ers (6-0) – I was late getting on the 49ers train but here I am. Yes, last week’s win was a stinker but the weather probably played a big part in that. This week they face the Panthers but it’s at home. Nevertheless, they are on upset watch. Next Game: vs Carolina Panthers
- Green Bay Packers (6-1) – The Packers did to the Raiders what they love to do. Beat them down. Aaron Rodgers was spectacular and it looks like him and Matt LeFleur are developing some chemistry. Next Game: at Kansas City Chiefs
- Kansas City Chiefs (5-2) – The loss of Patrick Mahomes is huge to this offense but he’ll be back before most who saw the injury thought. This week the Packers are in town. If ever the Chiefs needed a home game against a quality opponent, it was this week. Next Game: vs Green Bay Packers